For those who are looking to explore a new career path and ready for a challenge, take this opportunity to excel yourself with MDV.
- Academic qualification: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent areas.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Preferred industry: Financial Institutions/Banking
- Required knowledge: Financial and Corporate Legal. Corporate Secretarial knowledge is an advantage.
- Required skills: Communication/interpersonal, flexible, innovative, business acumen, financial acumen
- Personal characters: Diligent, energetic, independent, team player
Lead MDV’s legal department in managing operational risk governance, policies and reporting to ensure consistent application across all departments and provide company secretary support to Board and Committee meetings.
Legal & Advisory
- Provide advisory to Senior Management and business on legal strategy and risk issues associated with the company’s business operations, regulatory, compliance, commercial transactions and product review.
- Provide solutions and mitigation to risk issues, possible breaches and non-compliance
- Provide advisory on litigation matters and recovery cases.
- Collaborate and support another department/division in providing general legal advisory services to protect MDV’s interest.
Legal Drafting & Operations
- Lead the legal operation activities including vetting, drafting, compiling and ensure timely execution, submission and filing of all legal documents/agreements to the relevant parties/authorities.
- Establish good networks and database of external lawyers for sourcing and selecting suitable and qualified external lawyers as panel solicitors for due diligence and loan documentation.
- Academic qualification: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in equivalent areas. ACCA/CIMA/MICPA and must be MIA member.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Preferred industry: Treasury, Banking, and Finance related. External audit experience is advantageous.
- Required knowledge: Accounting, Reporting, Finance, and Treasury.
- Required skills: Qualified accountant with good treasury and report writing skills.
- Personal characters: Analytical and sharp. Good ethics and integrity. Team player.
- To assist the VP, Finance & Admin (FAD) primarily on treasury and fundraising function as well as financial reporting.
- Assist VP, FAD to ensure an effective and reliable operation for accounting, finance, procurement and administrative activities.
- Ensure effective treasury function and good asset-liability management.
- Manage revolving credit (RC) facilities.
- Assist in fund sourcing/matching including liaison with bankers to support MDV’s financing activities with the optimum cost of funds. Preferably with exposure with Sukuk issuance and commercial paper issuance.
- Assist VP, FAD to ensure proper systems of internal controls are in place to mitigate fraud and errors while optimizing resources and cost.
- Assist VP, FAD to critically review the monthly management accounts/rolling cash flow forecasts and other financial reports to ensure timely submission on a monthly basis.
- Assist VP, FAD to ensure the timely completion of statutory audit and in compliance with Companies Act and International/Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards. Well-versed in accounting, financial and tax matters.
- Support the management in the annual budgeting process and subsequently monitor the budget.
- Academic qualification: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Preferred industry: Financial Institutions/Banking
- Required knowledge: Well-versed in credit & accounting terms. Experienced in project financing is an added value.
- Required skills: Pleasant interpersonal with good communication skills. Detail-oriented and good analytical skills.
- Monitor and prepare a report on the business activities conducted by customers and to maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the project financing by MDV.
Loan Monitoring and Surveillance
- Carry out site visits and progress tracking for loan disbursement, account review, business monitoring and potential delinquent customers/borrowers/sponsors in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a close relationship with project awarders to verify the status of the project financed by MDV.
- Monitor loan accounts and project financed by MDV to identify accounts at risk from delayed/missed payment, missed project progress and milestone etc.
- Advise action plans to regularize accounts and prevent conversion to Non-Performing Loans (NPLs).
Analytics and Reporting
- Prepare a report on-site visits and assessment report for each project to update the meeting progress/project milestone and highlight any inconsistencies or red flag.
- Prepare monthly reports for management meetings and monitoring information to other Divisions and Senior Management.
- Academic qualification: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and ACCA.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Preferred industry: Business/Corporate/Commercial banking and External Audit in particularly credit analysis, monitoring and account relationship.
- Required knowledge: Cash Flow Analysis, Accounting, Credit Analysis, Structuring of Financing, Financial Statement Analysis, Financing Products, Legal Aspect of Financing, Knowledge on the technology-based industry.
- Required skills: Good communication skill (written and spoken), analytical skill, presentation skill, interpersonal skill, an intermediate level of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Personal characters: Disciplined, self-starter, fast-learner, independent.
- Preferred languages: Bahasa Malaysia, English
- To undertake comprehensive credit assessment and due diligence on loan/financing proposals.
- To prepare and finalise credit assessment for new financing application and timely periodic review on the accounts under portfolio and clear queries of superiors and other review requirements.
- To conduct a visit to the customers’ office and to the project site.
- To obtain approvals from the relevant credit committees.
- To prepare letters of offers and supplementary letters of offers.
- To monitor and follow-up on condition precedents and disbursement conditions towards ensuring expeditious account activation, including preparation of memos.
- To consider and recommend for approval any variations to the terms and conditions of loan/financing approved.
- To prepare required individual, department and divisional reports.
- To undertake all assignments and tasks assigned by the team leader and divisional head.
At MDV, we offer a culture to the value of respect, harmony, deliverable oriented, teamwork and integrity.
Why Work With MDV?
MDV Core values: We shape the culture and define the character of our company.
Teamwork: Together, you can experience the satisfaction of finding innovative ways to enable clients to reach their goals.
Investing the Training & Development: We hire the best people and help them become even better and grow together with MDV.
Providing a supportive work environment: With access to several of resources, MDV helps every employee to build his or her career
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
If you wish to apply for a current job opening or to submit a general application, please drop your resume HERE. Thank you.
- An open door policy
We encouraged our staff to confer our issues with any level of management. Our CEO even has his own blog, which keeps MDV employee in touch with his activities and personal messages.
Our total compensation package includes medical, dental, optical, maternity, and services on long service awards. Our salary compensation offers a competitive base package comparable to other financial institution.
- A commitment to work/life balance
We give each and our employee the space to enjoy life and their families. A company sponsored activities are only some of the ways we help keep our staff together.
- Training & Development plan
We offered our employee a wide range of programs, internal workshops and public programs.
- Time to play and relax
We encourage our employee to participate for an indoor and outdoor games organized by the appointed SRC committees.