For those who are looking to explore a new career path and ready for a challenge, take this opportunity to excel yourself with MDV.
- Undertake market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities by screening deals, and networking with peers and industry.
- Establish network and relationships with VCs, venture financiers, and relevant agencies to source for leads and potential deals.
- Preparation of new business marketing (pitch) materials.
- Plan and lead due diligence on potential venture debt proposals by among others reviewing records, financial statements, references and customers, potential competitors, legal documentation, technical/business consultants, background checks, valuation analysis and query promoters and management of potential investee.
- Obtain approvals from MDV approving authorities for financing proposals.
- Supervise the Venture Debt team to develop and finalise term sheets and legal documentation and compliance for deals (the latter in collaboration with Legal and Secretarial Department of MDV).
- Develop and finalise term sheet and legal documentation for deals.
- Deal sourcing for/ from partners for investment and potential M&A for portfolio companies.
- Expand network regionally and globally for partners and exit opportunities.
- Proactively develop exit strategies and mechanisms to maximise returns on the portfolio.
- Develop and implement reporting and monitoring mechanisms for portfolio company management, analysis, and support. Undertake observer positions on portfolio companies, as required under terms of financing.
- Ensure attraction, motivation, development, supervision, and retention of employees for effective and efficient daily operations while maintaining a high-performance culture
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accountancy, Banking or its equivalent. Knowledge of capital/equity market legislation, rules, and regulations
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in in investment banking or VC/ PE.
- Experience in VC or PE organization if primary experience in investment banking.
- Exhibits strong financial leadership and knowledge and leverages this strength to negotiate and influence others.
- Able to work collaboratively across divisions/departments and external parties.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia, written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess high degree of business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, corporate effectiveness and professionalism.
- Process financing application by evaluating customer’s need and interpret and analyse financial statements, financial models/ cash flow, and scenarios to identify key risks and mitigate associated risk in order to make suitable venture financing and convertible financing recommendations.
- Conduct standard financing structuring based on customer’s suitability for financing and proposals for equity investments and exit and submit a venture financing and convertible financing proposals to superiors for review before submission of the said proposals to the approving
- Prepare letter of offers to customers and ensure all required information is captured accurately before releasing it to the customers.
- Support legal documentation and legal due diligence executions for the approved customer.
- Manage portfolio of customers allocated by attending to routine customer’s queries and clarification independently and resolve all queries in a timely manner.
- Monitor and follow-up on disbursement activities with the other relevant departments/divisions within MDV to ensure account activation and financing disbursement are on track.
- Understanding on MDV’s venture financing and convertible financing products and services and its application to its target sector.
- Adopt all technical, credit and risk policies, SOP and guideline in MDV and ensure consistent application in all financing and investment assessment and evaluation of financing proposal application to ensure compliance with internal protocol and procedures.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Venture Capital or Private Equity financing, Auditing or similar field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a tight deadline.
- Loan application processing and ensure loan utilization.
- Provide support and advice to potential customers on business models, project financing and deal structures.
- Conduct credit evaluation, annual loan review and project monitoring.
- Prepare credit proposals and present facts for approval to financing committees.
- Maintain excellent rapport and high standards of integrity and professionalism with customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or a Certified Professional qualification (ACCA / MACPA etc.)
- 3-5 years related experience in finance, banking, venture capital and investment banks.
- Experience in handling SMEs and/or project financing and maintaining relationships with corporate customers would be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation & communication skills.
- Identify gaps in achievement of initiatives versus business plan and pursue remedial action plan with responsible division.
- To manage MDV’s suite of programs with respect to monitoring performance and status as well as reporting.
- Interacting with program partners to ensure compliance with any collaboration/ service agreements.
- Proposing program enhancements to ensure that programs meet targets, outcomes and objectives.
- Liaising with O&M manager to ensure that program SOPs are updated and communicated to staff.
- Ensure that Program/ Product/ Policy developments proceed in a timely manner to achieve targeted outcomes via discussion, follow-up, co-ordination and meetings in matters related to Program/ Product/ Policy and related business development.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field of business, preferably with Banking & Finance.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience within Banking Sector, Financial Institutions.
- Computer savvy – well versed in MS Office.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written in English.
At MDV, we offer a culture to the value of respect, harmony, deliverable oriented, teamwork and integrity.
Why Work With MDV?
MDV Core values: We shape the culture and define the character of our company.
Teamwork: Together, you can experience the satisfaction of finding innovative ways to enable clients to reach their goals.
Investing the Training & Development: We hire the best people and help them become even better and grow together with MDV.
Providing a supportive work environment: With access to several of resources, MDV helps every employee to build his or her career
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
- An open door policy
We encouraged our staff to confer our issues with any level of management. Our CEO even has his own blog, which keeps MDV employee in touch with his activities and personal messages.
Our total compensation package includes medical, dental, optical, maternity, and services on long service awards. Our salary compensation offers a competitive base package comparable to other financial institution.
- A commitment to work/life balance
We give each and our employee the space to enjoy life and their families. A company sponsored activities are only some of the ways we help keep our staff together.
- Training & Development plan
We offered our employee a wide range of programs, internal workshops and public programs.
- Time to play and relax
We encourage our employee to participate for an indoor and outdoor games organized by the appointed SRC committees.