For those who are looking to explore a new career path and ready for a challenge, take this opportunity to excel yourself with MDV.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree or Professional Qualification in Law or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of working experience in corporate advisory work preferably with merchant bank, financial institution or a public listed company as well as relevant experience in company secretarial (minimum of 3 years);
- Well verse in Security documents or lease property and Malaysia employment act;
- Excellent communication in English and writing;
- Possess good interpersonal and exhibits strong leadership skills;
- Possess good attitude and advisory skills.
- Lead MDV’s legal department in managing operational risk governance, policies and reporting to ensure consistent application across all departments and provide company secretary support to Board and Committee meetings.
Legal & Advisory
- Provide advisory to Senior Management and business on legal strategy and risk issues associated with the company’s business operations, regulatory, compliance, commercial transactions and product review.
- Provide solutions and mitigation to risk issues, possible breaches and non-compliance
- Provide advisory on litigation matters and recovery cases.
- Collaborate and support other department/division in providing general legal advisory services to protect MDV’s interest.
Legal Drafting & Operations
- Lead the legal operation activities including vetting, drafting, compiling and ensure timely execution, submission and filing of all legal documents/agreements to the relevant parties/authorities.
- Establish good networks and database of external lawyers for sourcing and selecting suitable and qualified external lawyers as panel solicitors for due diligence and loan documentation.
- Ensure adherence to the process of preparation for Board meetings and Committee meetings by organizing and preparing agendas and papers.
- Lead the process of taking meeting minutes, drafting resolutions, compilation and circulation of Board of director/Audit/Risk/ Remuneration & Nomination papers to all members in a timely manner.
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members related to legal and compliance matters.
- Monitor maintenance of all company statutory records/registers and compliance to the latest Companies Act, in respect to all relevant statutes/regulations.
Effective People Management
- Ensure attraction, motivation, development and retention of employees across all levels for smooth flow of daily operations while maintaining a high performance culture.
- Academic qualification: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent, Information Systems / Computer Science, Energy, Environment & Climate Change.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Preferred industry: Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Technology / Engineering / IT AND business consulting.
- Required knowledge: Technical analysis, business consulting, industry research & report writing.
- Required skills: Good Interpersonal/Communication, Adaptive and Proactive, Proficient in verbal and written English, ability to present case studies.
- Personal characters: Ability to work independently/minimal supervision while meeting project deadlines, demonstrate an active interest in learning, positive mindset.
- Preferred languages: Bahasa Malaysia, English
- Support financing committees’ assessment, company revenue and profitability, building MDV staff tech competency, industry insights and findings.
- To perform due diligence and deliver quality technology & business report, to provide advisory services on specific areas of technology and high growth sectors for effective decision-making process with sound subject matter analysis. Following technology sector exposure would be an added advantage:
- Renewable energy – Solar, Hydro, Biomass, Biogas, Energy efficiency, etc.
- Information Technology – Digitalisation, Connectivity, Communications, IoT, Big Data Analysis, etc.
- Other new emerging technology areas.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Others or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): credit analysis, technical writing, cash flow analysis, financial analysis, knowledge on a technology-based industry, MS Office.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field.
- Conduct credit assessment and due diligence on existing and new financing proposal application and submit credit assessment papers to obtain approval for financing disbursement.
Market Intelligence / Regulatory/Legal Compliance (Business)
- Display understanding on MDV’s products and services and its application to its target sector.
- Adopt all technical, credit and risk policies, SOP and guideline in MDV and ensure consistent application in all credit assessment and evaluation of financing proposal application to ensure compliance with internal protocol and procedures.
- Process financing application by evaluating customer’s need, interpret, and analyze financial statements, financial models / cash flow, and scenarios to identify key risks and mitigate associated risk in order to make suitable credit recommendations.
- Verify and update credit assessment templates for each application with the required data and information to be submitted to the manager for review.
- Conduct standard financing structuring based on customer’s credit worthiness and submit a proposal to superiors for review before submission of the report to the approving committee.
- Prepare letter of offers to customers and ensure all required information is captured accurately before releasing it to the customers.
Customer Relationship Management
- Manage portfolio of customers allocated by attending to routine customer’s queries and clarification independently and resolve all queries in a timely manner.
- Monitor and follow-up on disbursement activities with the Credit Management team to ensure account activation and financing disbursement are on track.
- Conduct timely annual reviews and account monitoring to provide continuous support to customers.
- Academic qualification: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field of Business.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Preferred industry: Business/Corporate/Commercial banking particularly in Organisation & Methods i.e. monitoring and review of processes, procedures and SOPs / Internal Audit
- Required knowledge: Basic Banking, Basic Shariah and Operations & Methods, including SOP design.
- Required skills: Good communication skill (written and spoken), analytical skill, business writing skill, presentation skill and interpersonal skill; an intermediate level of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Personal characters: Disciplined, self-starter, fast-learner
- Preferred languages: Bahasa Malaysia, English
- To gather information on changes to operational processes internally (as identified) and externally (industry best practices).
- To translate information into operational guidance documents for implementation.
- To secure approval for documents (with support from Divisional hierarchy).
- To disseminate information to all staff via familiarization briefing and prompt uploading to knowledge repository.
- To review Organisation & Methods documents periodically (as per MDV policies) to ensure that documents are updated.
- To assist Senior AVP to monitor and advises on any discrepancies, lack of clarities on Organisation & Methods documentation.
- To provide inputs, produce and write proposals for reviews, variations and enhancements of SOPs and policies for approval by the relevant committee.
- To produce and write meeting minutes for relevant Operation & Management meetings (as directed) and ensure proper documentation, record tracking and storing of information.
- To collect all the required information and details by working in collaboration with the various departments efficiently and systematically.
- To liaise with various departments on queries, comments or any concerns and consolidate inputs on change request to be discussed with Senior AVP.
- To provide advice to front line divisions on the practical application of Organisation & Methods documents to presented situations.
At MDV, we offer a culture to the value of respect, harmony, deliverable oriented, teamwork and integrity.
Why Work With MDV?
MDV Core values: We shape the culture and define the character of our company.
Teamwork: Together, you can experience the satisfaction of finding innovative ways to enable clients to reach their goals.
Investing the Training & Development: We hire the best people and help them become even better and grow together with MDV.
Providing a supportive work environment: With access to several of resources, MDV helps every employee to build his or her career
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
If you wish to apply for a current job opening or to submit a general application, please drop your resume HERE. Thank you.
- An open door policy
We encouraged our staff to confer our issues with any level of management. Our CEO even has his own blog, which keeps MDV employee in touch with his activities and personal messages.
Our total compensation package includes medical, dental, optical, maternity, and services on long service awards. Our salary compensation offers a competitive base package comparable to other financial institution.
- A commitment to work/life balance
We give each and our employee the space to enjoy life and their families. A company sponsored activities are only some of the ways we help keep our staff together.
- Training & Development plan
We offered our employee a wide range of programs, internal workshops and public programs.
- Time to play and relax
We encourage our employee to participate for an indoor and outdoor games organized by the appointed SRC committees.