An innovative financing programmes to match your funding requirements that have good and viable businesses in the technology sectors especially for whom at the early and pre-commercialization stages. The funding of post R&D pre-commercialization activities cater for companies with good and viable technologies to achieve their potential.
- – Applicant must be a Malaysia incorporated company with a minimum of 50% Malaysian shareholding and must have a minimum paid-up share capital of RM100,000.00;
- – Applicants who received seed and R&D grants from the relevant Malaysian government ministries and/or agencies are given the priority;
- – Applicant must be involved within MDV Programme’s Focus Areas i.e. ICT and Biotech;
- – Applicant from the Emerging Technology sectors can also apply subject to the ability to demonstrate the overall economic benefit of the project;
- – Applicant must have sufficient capable as well as experienced technical and management personnel as well as must exhibit commercial potential.
The Focus Area and Permitted Financing
- – ICT Businesses and Industries
- – Biotechnology
- – Clean / Green Technology
The provision of financing is structured towards Shariah complaint via Islamic Modes.
Specialization on Funding Purposes
- – For early and growth stage (pre-commercialization);
- – Initial funding for corporate infrastructure;
- – Pre-production costs and expenses such as equipment & facilities;
- – Complimentary technology acquisition;
- – Working capital and other relevant costs & expenses.
The Financing Facilities
- – Term Loan
- – Revolving Loan
- – Convertible Financing
The Financing Guidelines
|Margin of Finance||Up to 85% of contract or asset cost (Venture Project Line will be
dependent upon level of projected cashflow of Applicant);
|Credit Enhancement||CGC guarantee will not be required;|
|Interest / Profit Rate||Fixed throughout tenure of loan or financing and subject to risk scoring criteria and effective cost of funds;|
|Prepayment||No prepayment penalties will be imposed upon early settlement
of loan or financing;
|Collateral||Charge on assets financed;
Directors’ and/or Shareholders’ Guarantee;
Assignment of Contract Proceeds.
No Application Fee will be imposed
Special Project Financing Programme – RMK10 PRE-COMMERCIALISATION FINANCING
- – A special financing scheme extended to early stage and/or pre-commercialisation companies;
- – In collaboration with MOF Inc.;
- – Financing facility up to RM2 million (Venture Project Line) and up to RM5 million (Asset Project Line, Working Capital Project Line and Contract Project Line / Small Contract Project Line;
- – Financing up to 85% of contract value and a financing period of up to 5 years;
- – Financing rate of between 6% to 8% per annum on daily basis and flexible repayment periods.