MDV is a Debt Financing organisation which provides contract/project financing facilities to early and growth stage companies within MDV’s Technology Focus Areas.
As an innovative Financier and Development Facilitator for technology based projects/companies, MDV also offers hybrid financing to companies in the form of equity financing.
MDV’s products/services are similar to banks/financial institutions and venture capital respectively, but with several key differences to assist companies/projects to spur their business operations.
Compared to banks/financial institutions, MDV offers/provides the following: –
- Assessment based on applicant’s management and technical capabilities, key assets for technology companies, via a Proprietary Due Diligence Methodology benchmarked with international best practices
- Fixed Interest Rates (from 6.75% p.a.) on Daily Rest for our Conventional Loans. MDV’s Islamic Financing similarly offers Competitive Profit Rates
- Flexible repayment terms up to 5 years for ICT and 10 years for Biotechnology– Structured in accordance to contract/project cashflow and NOT fixed repayment structure
- Key collateral requirement is assignment of contract/project proceeds – Other collateral or credit enhancement subject overall risk assessment
- Access to MDV value added services – Nurturing, Advisory, Networking, Business Development & Support Services to increase companies probability of success
- Dedicated in-house technology team with comprehensive Technology background & knowledge.
Similar to VCs, MDV provides financing to early or growth stage companies. However, MDV complements rather than compete with VCs and other equity investors
- MDV offers financing or loan facilities; Does not invest in equity
- Maintain shareholding composition – maximise shareholders’ control and value
- Retain control over management
- MDV financing independent of company valuation or stock market condition
- Preserve full Intellectual Property ownership
Clear Exit : Loan Repayment or settlement of financing facilities